Saturday, September 28, 2013

2013 September 28 - Morning Manna

Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter. Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
(John 13:7-8)
Today's Morsel: When my wife wants to surprise me with something that she is making for me, if I happen upon her doing it, and I ask her what she is doing, she says, "Oh, just putzing." Or she may say, "I'll show you later." When she gives it to me later, then I understand what she was doing.
When Jesus began to wash His disciples' feet, Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet." Jesus told him that what He was doing, he didn't understand it then, but he would afterwards. I believe that Jesus was showing him that in leadership and in a position of authority, you are never greater than your followers. And in leadership and authority, you should always maintain a spirit of humility. He was also showing them that no matter where they go, they must remain pure as it is easy for one's feet to lead them astray or cause them to slip. Peter didn't understand at the moment what Jesus was doing, but by the Day of Pentecost, after he had been filled with the Holy Ghost and obtained understanding, when he was asked by the people in the city of Jerusalem what they should do, he understood and replied; "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38). Peter had learned that to become a part of Jesus you must be born again of the water and the Spirit (John 3:3-5). Paul said, "But ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Corinthians 6:11). You may not understand everything about being born again of the water and the spirit and the church right now, but once you respond to the Word in obedience, you'll gain understanding to it's importance as time goes on.

Sing: Are you washed in the blood, in the soul cleansing blood of the Lamb? Are your garments spotless are they white as snow, are you washed in the blood of the Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment