Friday, June 28, 2013

2013 June 28 - Morning Manna

"And the king said to Doeg, Turn thou, and fall upon the priests. And Doeg the Edomite turned, and he fell upon the priests, and slew on that day fourscore and five persons that did wear a linen ephod. And Nob, the city of the priests, smote he with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and sucklings, and oxen, and asses, and sheep, with the edge of the sword" (1 Samuel 22:18-19)
 
Today's Morsel: If you ever come upon an animal that has been hurt, that animal is more likely to attack you than to allow you to help it. I have come to realize that the same is true with people. Hurting people hurt people. I have been attacked by people with words that I would have never thought were still in them as being born again. But because they have been hurt by others, when I try to help them, they attack me. Even in the church, many pastors and saints are attacked when they try to help others not realizing that the person is hurt. Often, they may say the wrong words, do the wrong thing and it can bring about a huge on-slaught of attacks against them from the one who is hurt. When people are rejected, as King Saul was, it causes them hurt, as most people cannot accept rejection because they have not been taught how to handle conflict and rejection. Because Saul was hurt, he turned on those who were trying to help him; thus, killing the people of God. When hurting people are hurt, they will usually hurt those who are trying to help them rather the one who caused them the hurt. As Christians, we should never attack anyone, especially those in God's family.
Sing: I won't hurt you, with word from my mouth, I love you, I need you to survive. You pray for me, I'll pray for you, I need you to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment