Wednesday, June 26, 2013

2013 June 26 - Morning Manna

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil" (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)
Today's Morsel: Everything has an end. Whether we are on a journey, reading a book, or watching a movie, it all has an end. Some people reading a book or watching a movie say, " I knew how the end was going to turn out after watching the first segment; watching the first act or reading the first few chapters." But did they really know or were they just guessing and it turned out the way they thought?
Some people read the Book of Revelation trying to figure out the end times and trying to determine what the end of life will be like. And many of them walk away discouraged and confused because they cannot figure out all the beasts, the horses, and what seem to be monsters mentioned in the chapters and what they are all about. If you aren't aware and familiar with the other 65 books in the Bible, the last book, Revelation, will rock your cradle. But the Book of Revelation is a book of prophecy foretelling what shall be here after. It's really a book of encouragement for the born again believer. To me, as a born again believer, the important thing is to keep my name in the Lambs book of life, know that Jesus is God, and prepare for the Holy City. I don't need to focus on anything else because if I make it, which I plan on doing, I will be worshipping forever, so I don't get hung up on all the other things.
But it seems as though the closer we get to the end of this life, many don't want to know their end. Our life is like a book and we are writing it. Many at this very moment may be writing our first chapter or last chapter, but eventually it will come to an end. So when someone reads about your life, what will the last chapter of your book say about you? Will it say you were always on fire for God? You could never make up your mind if you wanted to serve God or not? You were always complaining about everything? You appeared before Jesus and He said to them, "Well done thy good and faithful servant enter the joy prepared for you." Or that you appeared before Jesus and He said to you, "You most wicked servant depart from Me, I knew you not." This life on earth is one day going to come to an end, so worship God because that is the whole duty of man. And at the end of your story, it is what matters the most.
Sing: I worship You almighty God, there is none like You. I worship You, O' Prince of Peace, that is what I long to do; I give You praise for You are my righteousness. I worship You, almighty God, there is none like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment