Thursday, June 27, 2013

2013 June 27 - Morning Manna

"Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil."
(Psalms 37:3-8)
 
Today's Morsel: If someone were to ask you how committed are you to your marriage, your job, your church, your family, and to your God, what would you tell them? I am afraid that because we are living in a give it to me quick generation and everything is social media, we are seeing many who have no commitment. People are afraid to get married, because it requires commitment and so they shack-up (live together). People are afraid to sell out to God and be a part of His church, because it might require some commitment. People won't start a family because it requires commitment. People lose their jobs, because they have no commitment. I had a lady tell me that she probably wouldn't be returning to the church because we didn't have a nursery for her son and she had to take care for him during service. What she was saying was, I want someone else to be committed to care for my child, not me. When people aren't committed to the ways of God, they will never have any commitment within themselves for anything else. Remember, there is only one "I" in the word commitment. So that means it rest upon me.
Sing: I'm going through, yes, I'm going through; I'll pay the price, no matter what others do; I'll take the way with the Lords despised few; I started out with Jesus and I'm going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment