Wednesday, June 12, 2013

2013 June 12 - Morning Manna

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:10-14)
Today's Morsel: Probably one of the toughest things I've done in my life is to climb Mount Fugi in Japan. What I thought was going to be a piece of cake, turned out to be a very demanding trek. The higher I climbed, the harder it became. Climbing that mountain was, in so many ways, like being a Christian. It required consistency to reach the top. I had to pace myself, and I needed lots of encouragement to do it. The same is true in our Christian trek. I guess that's why the prophets and the rulers of the synagogue sent unto Paul and Silas, saying, "Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on"(Acts 13:15). We all can use a little encouragement on this journey at times. Paul makes mention of the many times he was encouraged by letters he received of the works he had established. So let me encourage you today, as you keep pressing on toward the mark of the prize, stay focused on where you are heading and purpose within yourself that you will cross the finishing line. And also encourage those around you to keep going on in this journey. We need each other to make the climb.
Sing: I'm pressing on the upward way, new heights I'm gaining every day; still praying as I'm onward bound, "Lord plant my feet on higher ground."
Lord, lift me up and let me stand, by faith, on heaven's table land, a higher plane than I have found; Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment