Friday, June 21, 2013

2013 June 21 - Morning Manna

Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. (Psalms 97:12)
Today's Morsel: A man once asked me if I knew a certain man. But the name he used,was not the name I knew the man by. And so he kept prodding me and insisting that I knew him. And I kept saying that no I didn't. But when he said, "You may know him by another name." And then he said the that other name, then I knew who he was talking about. Many people refer to God by many titles. Some call him Father. Some call him Son. Some call him the Holy Ghost. But few call Him Holiness. Peter said that we should be holy because God is holy (1 Peter 1:16). Once we take on the name of Jesus in the waters of baptism (Galatians 3:26-29), we are to be as He is. Paul told the church at Ephesus, "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:19-20). Because all these attributes and title define God no matter how one may use them, as long as it is not taken in vain, when we hear them we should give God thanks. This is why He calls us to holiness. If we aren't holy, we cannot see God (Hebrews 12:14). Even though we may give thanks to God for every memory of all the other things He is to us, we should also give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.
Sing: Holiness, holiness is what I long for. Holiness is what I need. Holiness, holiness is what You want from me.
So, take my heart and form it. Take my mind and transform it. Take my will and conform it. To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment