Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2012 August 8 - Morning Manna

And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus. And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. (John 12:20-23)
Today's Morsel: I few weeks ago I was out on Facebook posting some morning mannas when I felt inspired to type in the names some old military friends to see if I could locate them. And to my surprise, one of them replied. I hadn't seen him in over 20 years. We were able to make contact, and even got together for some fellowship and reminiscing on old times. It's amazing how many people you can relocate with on Facebook.
Many people were looking for Jesus to come, but because He didn't come the way that many of them thought that He would come, He was rejected by His own when He came. They were looking for their Messiah, but not like Jesus. They wanted someone like King David, someone who would conquer the Romans. They wanted someone with machoism, not someone with compassion and kindness for their enemies. John said, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12). When certain Greeks came up to worship at the feast, the same came to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. I don't know about you, but when I go to worship, I'm like these Greeks, I don't go to see man, I go to see Jesus.
Sing: Living below in this old sinful world, hardly a comfort can afford; striving alone to face temptations sore, where could I go but to the Lord.
When could I go, O where could I go; seeking a refuge for my soul? Needing a friend, to help me in the end, where could I go but to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment