Friday, August 10, 2012

2012 August 10 - Morning Manna

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing"(Psalms 34:1-10).
Today's Morsel: It's amazing how much clearer things are when they are magnified with a magnifying glass or when they are seen though a microscope. Some people will magnify their stories and lies in hopes that you believe what they are saying to be true. I'm sure you've heard the story about the fish that got away, or the buck whose antlers were a twelve point rack. The more these stories are told, they are magnified. They are like a snowball rolling down a snow covered hill, they grew bigger and bigger.
The Psalmist calls for us to magnify and exalt the Lord together with him. First of all, we can't make God any bigger than He already is; He already encompasses the entire world. He's omnipresent, omniscience, and omnipotent. The psalmist is saying let's lift up the Lord together with our worship and with our praise so that others may be able to see our God for who He truly is. He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. We must allow our sacrifices of praise to flow continually from our lips giving thanks unto His name. The more we worship God, the clearer who He is will appears to us. Care to try?
Sing: He's bigger than all my problems, bigger than all my fears, He is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see. He's bigger than all my questions, bigger than all my thoughts. Yes, He's bigger than anything that I can or cannot see.

No comments:

Post a Comment