Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2012 August 28 - Morning Manna

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him. (Job 13:15-16)
Today's Morsel: One of the things we don't see to much of in the church these days is Christian stability. It just seems as though it's easy for things to pull people from the church now days. Someone gets offended and they are gone. They don't like the music being played and they are gone. They don't like the minister's style of preaching and they are gone. A woman is placed into ministry and they are gone. People of a different race is allowed to attend, and they are gone. They get a runny nose and they stay home. They seem to find time for everything but God. Paul told the church at Galatia, stand fast in the liberty wherein Christ hath made us free and be not entangled again with the yokes of bondage (Galatians 5:1). He told the church at Ephesus, Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. (Ephesians 6:10). We have got to get our lives stable and not allow things to move us from the Lord. Daniel tells us, "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time" (Daniel 7:25). The enemy of your soul is going to do his best to uproot you from the church. He knows that if you don't attend church, you are going to have weak faith and not make it to the other side. Job was a man of stability. Even though he was going through things in his life, he said, though God slay me, yet I will still trust Him and maintain my ways before Him. Job said, I'm not changing. My mind is made up and I'm not going any place. The Apostle Paul asked the question, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."(Romans 8:35-39). Don't allow anything to move you.
Sing: I 'm standing, standing, standing on the promises of Christ my Savior. Standing! Standing! I'm standing on the promises of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment