Friday, August 31, 2012

2012 August 31 - Morning Manna

This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
(Psalms 119:50).
Today's Morsel: The hundred and nineteenth Psalm is the longest psalm in the Bible. It has 176 verses, and it is broken down using the Greek Alphabet. But if you will notice each stanza, each Greek Alphabet is used, in each section; the writer makes mention to the word; and in each section, he causes us to see just how important the Word of God is to us. Notice how this passage begins: ZAIN. Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law. I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself. Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law. This I had, because I kept thy precepts. (Psalms 119:49-56). He said, don't forget your word to me God, because that is where my hope is. He says, when I am in depression, that is, when I am in gloom and despair and when agony is upon me and when I am in misery: - afflicted (-ion), and in trouble, he said, what You said in Your word to me, is going to be my help and my comfort. God's word is going to be your comfort when you are going through things in your life. We must have a daily intake of the word of God if we are going to stand in these last days. As Jesus said, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life" (John 5:39-40). If you are feeling low, remember the word will lift you up.
Sing: More to be desired are they then gold, much fine gold, sweeter also than the honey in the honeycomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment