Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2012 August 29 - Morning Manna

And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me. Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him. Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep. And Jesse took an ass laden with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid, and sent them by David his son unto Saul. And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armourbearer. (1 Samuel 16:17-21)
Today's Morsel: I often wonder how people can love someone so dearly on minute, but yet hate them the next. How can two people who love each other so soon divorce? And I often wonder what got into King Saul's heart that he hated David and wanted to kill him. The Bible says that Saul loved him greatly. So what turned Saul's heart? It was an evil heart of disobedience. When we disobey God and His word, it isn't long before we begin to hate people. Our dislike for them is so soon displayed in our actions and words. Even in our political circles, people who spend millions and give much to their beloved candidates and shout how much they love them, are soon crying, "Kill him. Away with him." When Jesus road a donkey into Jerusalem, the people cried out "Hosanna, blessed is he that come in the name of the Lord." But a few days later they were crying "Crucify Him! Crucify Him! We won't have this man to rule over us." What happened and what changed them. Disobedience. Self-centeredness. Paul said, "For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Corinthians 2:8). He said if they had known who He was, they wouldn't have did what they did. How can so many people hate Christ? Because they are disobedient to the Word. For if they knew the Word, then they would know that Jesus dies for their sins. Love isn't predicated on feelings. It predicated on God.
Sing: I love you, I love you, I love you. What more can I say, but that I truly love you. And I'll try live my life so that it says it too, I love you, I love you, I truly love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment