Thursday, July 7, 2011

2011 July 7 - Morning Manna

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. (Revelation 2:4-5)

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Galatians 3:1-3)

Today's Morsel:  I had a man once tell me he believed that once a person was saved, they were always saved.  I asked him how that could be when scripture totally goes against such teaching.  We are not always saved.  I told him that repentance, water baptism, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost, only gets us into the church.  And then we have to obey also 1 Corinthians 6:9-12 and Hebrews 12:14, which says,  "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any"(1 Corinthians 6:9-12).  Therefore, we have to separate ourselves from this world.  We must also, "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).  When people hear that you are always saved, it is then easy for them to think that they can do anything and still make it into heaven.  But scripture refutes this type of teaching.  Jesus Himself even said, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" (Matthew 7:21-23).  He further stated, "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned "(John 15:6) .  I don't ever take my salvation for granted.  That's why every day I go about living to ensure that my life is aligned with God's Word.  I don't want to hear Him say "Depart from me, I knew you not."  I want to hear Him say, "Well done good an faithful servant."  Let me encourage you, don't take for granted that you are always saved based on man's teachings, but work out your own salvation with fear and trembling based on the Word of God!

Sing:  I'm going to lift up the name of Jesus, I'm going to sing of my joy since he came; I'm going to tell of His power every day, and every hour, I'm going to lift up that wonderful name.

No comments:

Post a Comment