Thursday, July 21, 2011

2011 July 21 - Morning Manna

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:1-5)

Today's Morsel: Ever since I was a kid, I can remember that you had to have a ticket to get into the movies, get into the race, get into the game, or get into the fair.  My parents would always say, "Don't lose your ticket or else you can't get in."  That little piece of paper was like a gold nugget.  And even today, I have some old tickets that I have held on to for souvenirs.  Tickets give us access. In many ways, faith is like a ticket.  Paul said it best when he said that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God (Romans 5:2). With faith, we can just walk in to the unmerited love of God.  Jesus told Nicodemus that to enter the kingdom of God, a man must be born again of the water and the spirit.  In other words, repentance, water Baptism in the name of Jesus and the in-filling of the Holy Ghost is like a ticket, if you don't have it, don't expect to get in.  Even five of the ten virgins thought they could get in without a ticket only to find out they had missed out.  Do you have your ticket?

Sing: Sign me up for the Christian jubilee, write my name on the roll, I've been changed, since the Lord has lifted me, I want to be, want be ready when Jesus comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment