Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2011 July 19 - Morning Manna

And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:12-14)

Today's Morsel: MetLife is an insurance company that I hold a policy with.  Their website says that they are focused on the "If's in life!"  It gives you an opportunity to create a policy for those 'what if's' that may come along.  Those times of uncertainties.  What if a tornado comes?  What if my bread winner dies?  What if my home burns down?  The what if's could go on and on.  The Lord told King Solomon, "If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  Notice, God put some if's in there.  The first three if's speak to God's miraculous power, that if God did these things, they would destroy everything you have.  But the fourth if speaks to those who are insured with Him and by Him.  In other words, if you're a born again believer, and if you are a part of the people of the name of Jesus, you are insured with Him and your policy covers those other if's.  Are you insured against the what if's?  If not, you can be. "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call" (Acts 2:38-39).  As the Lord told Moses,  "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt" (Exodus 12:13).

Sing:  I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, I'm walking by faith, I'm living in love.  I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, Jesus has rescued me.

No comments:

Post a Comment