Monday, July 11, 2011

2011 July 11 - Morning Manna

"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. "(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Today's Morsel:  Are you still a worshipper and a praiser of  God when things aren't going the way that you hoped they would?  What do you think caused Elijah to become disheartened and so distressed that he requested to die ( 1 Kings 19:4)?  Why did he lose his zeal for the things of God? Often, if we aren't careful, we can get so caught up in what God has asked us to do, they we start seeing it as a task and burden rather than joy and excitement.  The enemy of your soul wants you to think that serving and living for God is hard and that there is no joy in it.  Most people don't look for the joy in serving God.  They see every church service as a burden. I don't know about you, but God has done too much for me for me not to serve Him at every opportunity.  People will shout, "Thank God it's Friday!" when they leave their secular jobs, but will not thank Him for the other six. When we understand that Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, then we understand that the Sabbath of rest is Jesus.  If we want rest for our souls, then we have to have Jesus.  Habakkuk said that no matter if things aren't going the way he'd like, he said, "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places." He said that God will still take him higher.  The more you worship God, the better you will feel and the lighter your burdens will be.

Sing:  I worship you, Almighty God, there is none like You. I worship You, Oh Prince of Peace, that is what I long to do.  I give You praise, for You are my Righteousness; I worship You, Almighty God, there is none like You!

No comments:

Post a Comment