Saturday, July 23, 2011

2011 July 23 - Morning Manna

He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. (Proverbs 25:28)
Today's Morsel: One of the things about the ministry is that I get to hear lots of people talk about how stressed they are.  One thing is certain about stress, if you don't manage it, it will manage you. There are as many different ideas about stress as they are people who experience change in their lives.  Stress, quite simply,  is the way we react both physically and emotionally to change.  Like change, stress can either be good or bad.  Because people have developed within themselves such hectic lifestyles, it's no wonder some people think of stress as a way of life.  But if stress becomes a constant, ongoing cycle, your health and well-being are going to suffer.  You need to learn how to manage stress and be more in control of your life.  Solomon said that he that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.  If you don't learn some self control, you are going to destroy yourself.  Not God, the devil, nor anyone else, but you.  Stress is a killer.  The body can only take so much pressure before it break sdown.  Let me ask you a few questions.
1. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and yet lose his soul?
2. How long do you think the people you work with and for will remember you when you die?
3. If ill health happened to you right now, how many of the people you work for will help take care of you?
 
I want to encourage you today.  I'm not saying what you are doing isn't important, and that you shouldn't do the best job that you can at what you've been asked and are paid to do.  I'm just saying there is a thing called stress that if not managed properly, will destroy you.  So somewhere within that 24 hour a day period, you need to find some time where you can get out and smell the roses and play in the dirt. 
 
Sing: 1. I must tell Jesus all of my trials, I cannot bear these burdens alone; In my distresses He kindly will help me, He ever loves and cares for His own. (Refrain)
 
2. I must tell Jesus all of my troubles, He is a kind, compassionate Friend; If I but ask Him He will deliver, make of my troubles quickly an end. (Refrain
 
Refrain:
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! I cannot bear my burdens alone; I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment