Saturday, May 28, 2011

2011 May 28 - Morning Manna

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations (James 1:2).
Today's Morsel: If Satan is being effective with any of his weapons, it's the weapon of temptation. More people are being tempted to do things than people would have never thought possible. Many people are tempted to spend when they don't have; to eat when they aren't hungry; to complain when they aren't in need; to find fault with others for their short comings. The list could go on and on. Why does it seem that Satan has gotten the upper hand? As the Lord told Peter, "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41). Have we stopped watching. Paul admonished the church at Corinth, "Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. Let all your things be done with charity"(1 Corinthians 16:13-14). Why does it seem that many are being lulled to sleep? Where are the soldiers for guard duty? Where are the warriors? Are you praying the way that you should? You see if you are watching and praying, you will be able to see that the enemy is being defeated and not getting the upper hand, and you will be able to rejoice knowing that we have the victory and the world can't do us any harm.
Sing: I get joy when I think about what He's done for me! I get joy when I think about what He's done for me! I get joy when I think about what He's done for me, I get joy! joy! joy! joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment