Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2011 May 25 - Morning Manna

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine; Because all the firstborn are mine; for on the day that I smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast: mine shall they be: I am the LORD" (Numbers 3:11-13).

Today's Morsel: When we begin to review the scriptures and God's instructions to Moses on construction of the Tabernacle and the placement of tribes in and around it, God is very detailed. I believe that too many believers are missing a lot of important details in their understanding of scriptures and what God requires of us.  Notice, God said that all the first born are mine; for on the day that I smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast: mine shall they be: I am the LORD.  The first born is His. Under the New Testament, the firstborn would be all those who are born again of the water and the Spirit ( John 3:3-5).  Paul said, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9).  Without the new birth experience, you are none of His.  Don't allow yourselves to be deceived.  It doesn't make a difference as to your dominational affiliation or your religious connections and beliefs, if you don't have the Holy Ghost His Word says that you are none of His.  Paul further states to the believers at the church of Rome, "For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living" (Romans 14:7-9).  Because they were born again believers, Paul wanted them to know that if they lived in Christ or died in Christ, they still belonged to Christ.  Are you a part of the firstborn?  Heaven is at stake.

Sing: Born again, there's really been a change in me. Born again, just like Jesus said. Born again, and all because of Calvary, I'm so glad that I've been born again.

No comments:

Post a Comment