Thursday, May 12, 2011

2011 May 12 - Morning Manna

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him,  Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.(John 14:1-11)

 Today's Morsel:  In the 60's,there was a game show called, "To Tell The Truth."  The object of the game was for the panel to guess which of the three people was telling the truth, based on questioning the individuals.  
During Jesus' time upon the earth, many were confused as to who He was.  They questioned Him over and over again.  They tried to trick Him to find Him as a fraud. Even with telling them over and over again, and showing them over and over again, many of them still did not realize who He was.  Even Philip, His disciple, said to him, "Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him,  Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" Why didn't they know?  Why didn't they understand?  Why was there confusion among them?  Why didn't they get it by what they saw Him doing?  Like so many today, it was hard for people to grasp that Jesus was God manifested in flesh. Many say, "Well if Jesus was God, then why did God die on a cross?"  God didn't die of a cross, flesh died on the cross, but the Spirit lives on. Remember that Jesus told the woman at the well that God is a Spirit (John 4:24).  Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:24).  You see the only person that can forgive sins is God.  As the apostle Paul tells us, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16).  Is that enough information for you to figure out who's telling the truth?  Or as the apostle Paul admonishes us, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth" Galatians 4:16)?

Sing: The Mighty God is Jesus, The Prince Of Peace is He, The Everlasting Father, The King Eternally, The Wonderful in Wisdom, by Whom all things were made, the fullness of the Godhead, in Jesus is displayed.
 It's all in Him, it's all in Him, the fullness of the Godhead, it's all in Him; It's all in Him, It's all in Him, The Mighty God is Jesus, and it's all in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment