Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2011 May 10 - Morning Manna

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. (Psalms 70:4)

Today's Morsel:  Do you ever wonder why when you hear a military commander talking to their soldiers, the soldiers response is always, "Hooah!"  Well, they are responding with "Can do;" "We'll get it done;" "We can do it;" "It is clear and understandable;" "I hear you, I understand you, and I acknowledge your statement."  And because they continually repeat it, it becomes a part of them.  I have been retired from the military for over 13 years, and at times when someone is talking to me, I find myself  using this term.   I'm sure you've read the children's story book about the little train who thought he could pull the railcars up the big hill.  He just kept saying to himself, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!" And he did.   Do you love your salvation?  Are you excited about Jesus giving you salvation?  Then the psalmist says that we should continually say, "Let God be magnified."  Why don't we testify in church anymore about our salvation? Why don't we tell others about our salvation?  Here in Wisconsin, we love our Green Bay Packers.  The majority of folks here elevate them very high, and the team is continually magnified.  Paul told Titus, " For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee" (Titus 2:11-15).  We need to continually talk about these things.  Jesus said, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" (John 12:32). 

Sing:  Magnify Jesus! Magnify the Lord! Magnify Jesus! Magnify the Lord! For He is worthy, for He is worthy, for He is worthy, to be praised, to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment