Thursday, March 31, 2011

2011 March 31 - Morning Manna

And for Aaron's sons thou shalt make coats, and thou shalt make for them girdles, and bonnets shalt thou make for them, for glory and for beauty. And thou shalt put them upon Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him; and shalt anoint them, and consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office. And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach: And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy place; that they bear not iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute for ever unto him and his seed after him. (Exodus 28:40-43)

Today's Morsel:  During my childhood, it wasn't uncommon to hear a mother or father say to their sons, " Boy don't you get those breeches dirty."  Pants were called breeches and a woman's or girl's dress was called a frock.  There were differences.  I had a young man ask me once why I didn't wear short pants.  I told him, first of all, I don't think anyone would want to see my ugly and scarred legs, and second, that I didn't want to expose any part of nakedness before anyone that I may have to sit before.  And besides, God call for His children to be covered.  The Lord told Moses that Aaron's son were to have on linen breeches to cover their nakedness.   No part of their nakedness was to be shown.  I'm afraid that in the church today, saints are exposing too much of their nakedness before the Lord.  I understand when saints invites a sinner to come to church and they tell them to just come as you are and their nakedness is exposed before the Lord, it is understandable.  But once they move into a relationship with Jesus, they must learn to dress modestly and not expose their nakedness to others and before the Lord.  Throughout scripture we are told to put on holy garments and to let our garments be holy.  Are you exposing yourself before the Lord and others?  The old folks didn't call a mirror a looking glass for nothing.  We might want to look in it before we venture outside.

Sing: The windows of heaven are open, God's power is falling tonight, it's joy, joy, joy in our hearts, since Jesus made everything right.  I gave him my old tattered garments, He gave me a robe of pure white, I feasting on manna from heaven and that's why I'm happy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment