Thursday, March 17, 2011

2011 March 17 - Morning Manna

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. (Job 38:1-4)

Today's Morsel: God seems to hit Job with some pretty hard questions.  Job seemed to be dumbfounded at the questions God was throwing at him.  Job was so awestruck, that all he could say was, " Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth. Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further"(Job 40:4-6).  God wanted Job to know that when Job got it all figured out, to come talk with Him.  By the time God finished with questioning Job, Job just said, "I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from thee..... I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee" (Job 42:2;5).  Paul said that the natural man cannot receive the things of God because they are spiritual discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14).  This is why we need the Spirit of God to understand the things that are written in the Bible.  The Bible is God inspired (1Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).  As for me, I don't question what God has written in His word because it has proven true in my life.  We are admonished to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.  I am encouraged by each word and page of the Bible.  I am always uplifted and  motivated by what is written.    I don't need God to ask me the hard questions as He did Job.  I just want Him to tell me, "Well done good and faithful servant enter the joy which I have prepared for you."  Because no one can contend with God.

Sing:  Oh I want to see Him, look upon  His face. There to sing forever, of His saving grace. On the streets of glory, let me lift my voice, cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment