Monday, March 25, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 March 2019

Loss of Confidence
Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.  (Proverbs 25:19)

Today’s Morsel: If someone were to ask you what you look for in a person to determine their faithfulness, what would you tell them? I always like to stress the importance of looking for character in an individual’s life.  I always tell them to look for things such as compassion, resistance, obedience, submission, and bearing; just to name a few traits.  I tell them, if you marry someone that is not faithful, first and foremost to God, you have just created your own trouble and it’s going to be a painful journey. Confidence in someone who is not faithful is a long row to hoe, and you will be picking low-cotton (as we say in the South!)!  So, may I suggest that you search God’s word to see what He says about faithfulness and use that as your measuring stick; not only in selecting a mate, but also a friend.

Sing: No one ever cared for me like Jesus, there’s no other friend so kind as He; no one else could take the sin and darkness from me, O how much He cares for me.


Thought For Today: “Confidence in someone who is not faithful is a long row to hoe!” Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment