Saturday, March 2, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 March 2019

Discretion

When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee” 
(Proverbs 2:10-11).

Today’s Morsel:  Discretion is the quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offense or revealing private information.  I often find myself scratching my head when I see the number of people that have no wisdom or discretion.  I ask myself how can so many people who say that they are born again and called themselves Christians be without discretion? The behavior of many of them is astounding.  I mean many of them are like an old refrigerator that cannot keep anything!  But with you beloved, it must not be so. But you must walk circumspectly towards them that are without.  You must get wisdom and understanding.  You must learn to be discreet.  You must learn to always exercise good sound judgment and never let your good be evil spoken of.

Sing:  I’ve been changed, I am newborn now, all my life has been rearranged.  What a difference it made when the Lord came to stay; in my heart, O’ yes, I’ve been changed.


Thought For Today:  Discretion…Sound Wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment