Saturday, March 9, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2019 March 9

Inside The Book

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God” (Hebrews 10:7).

Today’s Morsel:  story is told of a son who desired a special car for his graduation.  But to his surprise, at his graduation, his father called him into his office and gave him a Bible.  The son was livid and stormed out screaming at his father for giving him a Bible for a graduation gift.  The son slammed the Bible on the table and walked out.  Years later, the son was notified that his father had passed away and that he was now the owner of his fathers business and estate.  The son returned home and walked into his father’s office.  To his surprise, the Bible was still lying there on the table. The son picked it up and opened it.  To his further surprise there was a note that his father had written for his graduation telling him how proud he was of him and that he knew his dream was for a special car and that he wanted him to have it.  But that he should realize that there was nothing more special or greater than the Word of God. And as the son flipped through a few more pages the key for the car that he had wanted fell from the Bible's pages.  The moral of the story is that we may think that we know what we want in life, but our Heavenly Father knows what we need.  Have you found yourself in the Book of Life, the Bible?  If you will look in it, you will find yourself right there in its pages. Remember, truth must be sought out in the Word.

Sing:  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  When I feel afraid, and think I've lost my way, still, you're there right beside me.  Nothing will I fear, as long as you are near.  Please be near me to the end.  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.


Thought For Today:  Godly treasures are often hidden in His word (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment