Thursday, February 7, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 7 February 2019

Springs of Living Water

“When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water” (Isaiah 41:17-18).

Today’s Morsel:  Water is one of those basic commodities that we all need.  They say that we should drink at least a gallon of water a day to keep rehydrated and replenished.  The Lord said through the prophet Isaiah, “When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.”  God said I will ensure there is water for them to drink no matter where they are.  Jesus understood the need not only for natural water but also spiritual water.   And so, “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)” (John 7:37-39).  Are you thirsty?  Do you need the Holy Ghost, that water that you can drink and never thirst again?  Why not come to Him and drink today.

Sing: Drinking at the Springs of living water, happy now am I, my soul they satisfy.  Drinking at the springs of living water, O wonderful and bountiful supply.


Thought For Today: Spring up O’ well!

No comments:

Post a Comment