Thursday, February 28, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 February 2019

The Pathway To Rest

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. (Jeremiah 6:16).

Today’s Morsel:  When I go home to North Carolina, I always like to show my wife, who is from Wisconsin, some of the paths that we walked down when we were kids.  Many of them are all grown over now because people do not walk them anymore.  We had shortcuts to just about anywhere we needed to go.  We were in some sense, ‘Trial Blazers!’   We made a way where there seemed to be no way and others followed in our paths. The psalmist prayed, Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day” (Psalms 25:4-5).  If you are tired and need rest, why not get back into the old paths and you will find rest for your soul.

Sing: Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and I’ll travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

Thought For Today: Rest is in His Paths.


1 comment:

  1. If you've been watching my journey or even the SLIGHTEST bit intrigued, comment below or message me to join us on Monday in my Sneak Peek into Coaching group. Here you'll find out a little more about what I do everyday and how you TOO can work from the couch in your pjs towards a financially free life!
    free kizi Games
    games free for kids
    a10 3 player games

    ReplyDelete