Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 February 2019

Educators
Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth. Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house: Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel: Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger; And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed, And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof; And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!” (Proverbs 5:7-13).

Today’s Morsel:  A lot people seem to have trouble with listening to instructions.  I was counseling with a man in prison once and he told me that he had been arrested seven times for DWI before the judge sentenced him to prison.  He said, "I knew what I was to do each time I was arrested, but I thought I was okay."  When I see people in prison, in jail, or in trouble, I often wonder just how many sermons they have heard about sin and wrongdoing?  How many messages have rolled across their minds that they did not heed?  How many of their teachers, tutors, mentors, pastors, and judges they did not heed?  What about you?  Are you rejecting the word of God because you think that you can handle it?  “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall” (1 Corinthians 10:12).

Sing: I have decided to follow Jesus.  I have decided to follow Jesus.  I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back.


Thought For Today: Obedience is better than sacrifice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment