Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 20

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away” (Matthew 5:38-42).

Today’s Morsel:  A man came to church once, and after service, he asked if I could give him a ride home.  I told him sure.  When we arrived where he lived, he asked me if I would be willing to take him to another house to meet a friend, to which I agreed. Then on our way, he asked me if I would be willing to take him to Walmart so that he could buy some food.  Again, I agreed.  I know what some of you may be thinking.  You probably would have said, “No way.”  I will be honest with you.  I did think to tell him that, but something inside of me just kept saying, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”  No, he didn’t pay me.  But with a big smile on his face when I took him back home he said, “Pastor, thank you so much for doing this for me.  This has meant a lot to me. May God bless you very much ”  Jesus said, “Whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.” Are you willing to go the extra mile?  Go in Jesus name.  

Sing:  When I’ve gone, the last mile of the way, I shall rest, at the close of the day.  For I know that there is joy that waits my heart and my soul; when I’ve gone the last mile of the way.

If I walk, in the pathway of duty; if I seek for His sheep that’s already gone astray. I shall see, the Great King in all His Glory; O’ Lord, when I have gone the last mile of the way.

Well, when I’ve gone, the last mile of the way, I shall rest, at the close of the day.  For I know that there is joy that waits my heart and my soul; when I’ve gone the last mile of the way.


Thought For Today: We never know what awaits us at the end of the journey (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment