Friday, November 30, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 30

“The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough” 
(Proverbs 30:15-16).

Today’s Morsel:  When is enough enough?  It seems, as though we are never satisfied.  I have seen people retire only to return to work because they don’t think that they have enough.  But when is enough enough? Even Jesus knew when enough was enough. “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.” (Luke 22:36-38). One of the things about never being satisfied is that you will never be content, and you’ll never learn to walk by faith.  You will keep walking by sight.  Godliness with contentment is great gain.  Find that great gain.  

Sing:  I lean on you, Lord. I Lean on you, Lord.  For the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going o see me through.  You supply my every need and I lean on You.


Thought For Today: Jesus is all You will ever need to be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment