Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 14

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (Joshua 24:15).

Today’s Morsel:  If someone were to ask you what does it mean to serve the Lord, what would you tell them? Joshua was saying to the people, If this is going to be troublesome, a burden, a weariness, and not a pleasure and delight to you to serve the Lord, then, choose you this day whom you will serve.  He said to them:  If you have found a better Lord and Master, a better Savior and Friend, a better Father and God whom serving him will be more pleasant and profitable to you, then move out and draw fire. But, he said, As for me and my house I haven’t found nor located such a one, and so I’m sticking with what I know is good and profitable for me and my family (My wordings).  What about you?  Is Jesus the best thing that has ever happened to you?  If so, then serve Him with a pure heart and serve Him fervently.

Sing:  I never had it so good before.  I never had it so good before.  Looking back on how things used to be, God has really been good to me.


Thought For Today: The ball is in your court.  It is your turn to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment