Saturday, November 3, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 3

“By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone” (Proverbs 25:15).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that lawyers try to teach their clients when they are facing trial before a jury is to use kind words and present themselves in a remorseful way.  It’s amazing to me how many people who think nothing of the ways of Christ seem to want them when they are in trouble.  Wouldn’t it be much better if they used them before they needed them, so they wouldn’t have to be coached how to use them when they are in trouble?  Solomon said that a soft tongue breaketh the bones.  One of the reasons that most parents will not spank their child when they have done wrong and the child starts crying and says through tears that they are sorry, is that it touches the parent's heart.  In writing to the church at Corinth, Paul states: “For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death” (2 Corinthians 7:10).  Godly sorrow works repentance!  True remorsefulness can be seen and brings about change,  so don’t think you can fake it.  

Sing:  Hear my cry O’ God, attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee.  And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.


Thought For Today: A soft tongue defers anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment