Saturday, June 2, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 June 2

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you” (John 14:26).

Today’s Morsel:  The story is told of a little girl who came home from church and her mother asked her what the pastor's message was about that day.  The little girl said, “You’ll get your quilt.”  The mother was shocked.  "What?" she said.  Later that evening the mother contacted the pastor to ask what his message was about, to which the pastor stated, “Your Comforter Will Come.”  The word Comforter means intercessor, consoler, advocate.  The Comforter is the Holy Ghost.  His Spirit that He said would be in us.  It is Christ in you the hope of glory. It is the Power.  Has your comforter come?  If not, Peter admonishes, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call” (Acts 2:38-39).  It is a promise, and you can have the Comforter today.

Sing: Baptize me Jesus with the Holy Ghost.  I shall have power, Your Word says so.  Satan is busy trying to turn me around, but I’m determined, to stand my ground.  But I can’t do it, I can’t do it, not until you baptize me with the Holy Ghost.

Thought For Today:  Your Comforter will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment