Saturday, June 30, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 June 30

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest. And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount. And no man shall come up with thee, neither let any man be seen throughout all the mount; neither let the flocks nor herds feed before that mount. And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone. And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped” (Exodus 34:1-8).

Today’s Morsel:  I don’t know if you are aware, but Moses was the first man to break the Ten Commandments!  And because he broke them, God made him hew out two tables of stones just like the first ones.  I often wonder what it was like for Moses to have to climb that mountain to meet God in the morning.  I’m sure he didn’t know if God was going to be angry and upset with him for breaking the tablets or not.  But we don’t see that Moses wasted any time ensuring that he had the stones as God said and was ready to meet Him.  But to Moses surprise, when he rose to the mountain, he was met by God and God declared to him who He was. “And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.”  Altar calls are given for those who have broken God's commandments.  They know they are wrong and they are given the opportunity to come forth so God can declare Himself to them the same way He disclosed himself to Moses.  Do you know Him?  Don’t allow what others do to cause you to break the law.

Sing:  I came to Jesus weary worn and sad, He took my sins away, He took my sins away. And now His love has made my heart so glad, He took my sins away.
He took my sins away, he took my sins away, and keeps me singing every day!  I’m so glad He took my sins away, He took my sins away.


No comments:

Post a Comment