Saturday, June 16, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 June 16

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah. My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him” (Psalms 62:1-5).

Today’s Morsel:  The idea here is that all that the psalmist expected or hoped for must come from God.  He did not rely on his fellow man; he did not rely on himself. He stated that God alone could deliver him, and he confidently believed that God would do just that.  When all our strength fails; all our resources are exhausted; our fellow-man cannot or will not help us; our own efforts seem to be vain; our plans are frustrated, then we must conclude that God alone can help us.  No matter what we go through or face in this life, our expectations for a better outcome must be that we believe that God will come through for us.

Sing: I’m learning how to lean and depend on Jesus. He’s my friend, and He’s my guide.  I’m learning how to lean, and depend on Jesus, I found out if I would trust Him, He will provide.

Thought For Today:  Let your expectations be from the Lord (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment