Saturday, June 9, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 June 9

“I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? (Luke 12:49).

Today’s Morsel:  Sometimes we hear of wildfires that destroy much land and communities.  Jesus relates His gospel to fire.  "I am come to send fire on the earth."  What a statement.  Scripture says, “And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire” (Hebrews 1:7).  The light and the fire were to always be burning in the tabernacle and the altar.  Therefore, if ministers and the people of God who say that they are born again are preaching and teaching the truth of the gospel, then Jesus doesn’t have to come and start a fire.  It should already be burning.  The light of the gospel should be shining brightly for others to see.  

Sing: Fire, fire, fire, fire fall on me.  Fire, fire, fire, fire fall on me.  Like the Day of Pentecost, fire fall on me.  Like the Day of Pentecost fire fall on me.

Thought For Today: Don’t let your fire go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment