Saturday, April 7, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 April 7

Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways” (Psalms 128:1).

Today’s Morsel:  To fear the Lord is to reverence Him. It is to acknowledge Him as our Lord.  The psalmist said, “Blessed is everyone that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.”  Are you blessed?  If not, why not?  The quickest way to be blessed is to reverence God.  As David again says, “O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him” (Psalms 34:9).  When we fear God, so much goodness is laid up for us.  The heart of God is towards us, the secret of who He is is with us.  His eye is upon us, and the sun of righteousness rises on us, and both grace and glory are given to us as well as eternal life which is to come.  Are you blessed?  Fear of God always proceeds the blessings of God.

Sing:  I am blessed, I am blessed, every day that I live I am blessed.  When I wake up in the morning, till I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed.

Thought For Today:  Fear of God always proceeds the blessings of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment