Monday, April 23, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 April 23

“And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).

Today’s Morsel:  “With a timid voice and idolizing eyes, the little boy greeted his father as he returned from work, "Daddy, how much do you make an hour."  Greatly surprised, but giving his boy a glaring look, the father said: "Look, sonny, not even your mother knows that. Don't bother me now, I'm tired."  "But Daddy, just tell me please! How much do you make an hour?", the boy insisted.  Finally giving up,  the father replied: "Twenty dollars per hour."  "Okay, Daddy.  Could you loan me ten dollars?", the boy asked.  Showing his resentment and positively disturbed, the father yelled, "So that was the reason you asked how much I earn? Go to sleep and don't bother me anymore!"  Later, after it was dark and the father was meditating on what he said and feeling guilty, he thought maybe his son wanted to buy something very special.  Finally, trying to ease his mind, the father went to his son's room. "Are you asleep, son?" asked the father. "No, Daddy. Why?" replied the boy, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.  "Here's the money you asked for earlier," the father said. "Thanks, Daddy!" rejoiced the son, while putting his hand under his pillow and removing some money. "Now I have enough! Now I have twenty dollars!" the boy said to his father, who was gazing at his son confused at what his son had just said.  "Daddy, could you sell me one hour of your time?”  By P.D. Buford.

Sing:  To be like Jesus, to be like Jesus, on earth I long to be like Him.  All through life’s journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him. 

Thought For Today:  Time, use it wisely.


No comments:

Post a Comment