Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 April 24

“And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?” (Mark 4:35-41).


Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about tests is that most people start grading themselves right in the middle of them.  Some people get so worked up over tests, that they stress themselves out for fear of failure.  So, what is the purpose of tests?  Are they to kill us or to allow us to see what we’ve learned and to make us wiser?  We should never grade ourselves while we are having a test.  We should do the best that we can and see what the outcome is.  The disciples awakened Jesus in the middle of their test for fear of dying.  To which Jesus asked them where their faith was?  Why were they so fearful?  If the test causes you stress and fear of failing or even dying, that means you didn’t pay attention in class.

Sing:  I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, on the raging seas.  For come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father, watches over, over me.
I trust in God, I know He cares for me, upon the land, or on the stormy seas.  Though billows roar, He keeps my soul>  My Heavenly Father, watches over, over me.

Thought For Today:  It is only a test.  

1 comment: