Saturday, April 14, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 April 14

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:1-6).

Today’s Morsel:  As I sit and read magazines and the daily paper, I'm saddened by the number of young people who are filled with troubled lives.  Many of the stories that I read offer no hope for these people or the reader that is reading them that may be seeking help for themselves.  They are writing to sell these periodicals, but they offer no hope or no help.  Jesus said, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me” (John 14:1).  Jesus is still the answer and hope for the world today, even though many are afraid to say so.  Until we get Jesus back in His rightful place, in our lives and homes, many more are going to have troubled hearts and minds.  For without me you can do nothing, Jesus said (John 15:5).  But as Isaiah encourages us, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26:3-4).  A new life starts with a new reason.  And Jesus is that reason.

Sing:  Something beautiful, something good; All my confusion Jesus understood.  All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, but He made something beautiful out of my life.

Thought For Today:  A new life starts with a new reason.  Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment