Friday, April 6, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 April 6

“Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad” 
(2 Corinthians 5:9-10).

Today’s morsel:  I remember the first time I had to appear before a magistrate for speeding on a military base.  The military police had clocked me going 30 miles per hour in a 15 mile per hour speed zone in a military housing area on base.  As I sat listening to the judge hand out fines and charges for infractions done on base (which many of them I felt were steep for the infraction), I could only sit and imagine what mine would be.  And so, when it was my turn to stand before him, I didn’t try to find an excuse for my speeding.  When he asked me how I pled, I told him I was guilty.  He asked me if I knew the danger of my actions?  And I told him, yes sir.  And so, he charged me $50 and told me to not let it happen again.  I felt relieved and remorse at the same time.  I was remorseful because I knew that I could have hit someone’s child by speeding, and I was thankful and relieved that I did not go to jail.  Paul said that we all must appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. What will be your judgment?  Will He say, “Well done thy good and faithful servant, or bind him and cast him into everlasting darkness?”  What you do now determines your judgment then.  

Sing:  If when you give, the best of your service, telling the world that the Savior has come; be not dismayed, if friends don’t believe you, He’ll understand and say, “Well done.”

Thought For Today:  Remember it will be the word that judges us.

No comments:

Post a Comment