Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 August 16

"For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee."  (Psalms 84:10-12).

Today’s Morsel:  I love to travel and visit other places; but after a while, I long for home.  I want to sleep in my bed.  I want to eat at my own table.  I want to be in my own church. I want to see the saints that I know.  The Psalmist said, “For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”  He wanted to be in God's house.  He wanted to be in God’s presence.  Sure, he could find God anywhere, because He’s omnipresent; but he wanted to be "home".  I don’t know about you.  Yes, I can find happiness, blessings, and satisfaction any place that I am; but when I’m at the church that I call my home church, and can hear my pastor (OH that’s me), it is better than thousands of days elsewhere. 

Sing: Better is one day in your courts, better is one day in your house, better is one day in your courts, than thousands elsewhere.  Better is one day in your courts, better is one day in your house, better is one day in your courts, than thousands elsewhere, than thousands elsewhere.

Thought For Today:  Neglect not the assembling of yourselves together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment