Saturday, August 26, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 August 26

"And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?"  (Mark 4:35-38).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the fundamental procedures that the military teaches its soldiers during Rifle Marksmanship Training is that of how to apply immediate action should their weapon fail to fire in combat.  This is just one of the things that a soldier must know and remember.  When the disciples found themselves in what seems to be an emergency, thinking that they would die in the storm, they took immediate action by waking Jesus from His sleep for their salvation.  They had tried what they knew to do by casting out the water that came into the ship.  But they soon realized that it wasn’t working, and they needed to take some immediate action or they would soon die.  And so they applied God’s word, which says, “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me” (Psalms 50:15).  Do you know how to apply the correct immediate action procedures when you are facing danger or something bigger than you?  The best procedures are found in the word of God.

Sing:  Hear my cry, O’ God, attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee.  And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher that I, so much higher than I.

Thought For Today:  God’s word still works all the time (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment