Thursday, August 24, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 August 24

"And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father; And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. And Isaac dwelt in Gerar… Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.” (Genesis 26:1-6,12-14)


Today’s Morsel: One of the things about God’s blessings is that they flow through obedience.  God does not bless disobedience (see Deuteronomy 28).  Just because you may see people in the world with lots of material possessions and wealth, it does not mean that they are blessed.  Most of them are weary and stressed because they are working in their own strength and power.  They have, for the most part, foregone their integrity and have no contentment and joy.  When there was a famine in the land and everyone else was heading into Egypt, which represents the world, the Lord told Isaac to remain where he was and that He would bless him there.  You see, I believe, that God sometimes creates famines to see if we are going to walk by faith or by our sight.  When Isaac obeyed God, and remained where He said, scripture says, “Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great.”   Notice, Isaac sowed and in the first year, he received one hundredfold, because God blessed him and he went from great to very great.  How does one go from great to very great?  Only through the power of God.  You may think that you are in a famine right now, but sow where God has placed you. Don’t leave where you are.  God’s blessings only flow through obedience.

Sing: My blessing is coming my way, it’s only a matter of time, until His purpose comes to pass, it’s only a matter of time.

I’m waiting for a miracle, I’m waiting for a miracle, I’m waiting for a miracle, overtaken by a blessing!

Thought For Today: Plant where you are (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment