Saturday, February 25, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 February 25

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).

Today’s Morsel:  When we moved back to America from Asia after 16 years, my brothers would tell me that they were going to come see me.  Well, last year, while sitting in my living room reading, unexpectedly, the door that leads to my garage opened and I was thinking that it was my wife and daughter.  But to my surprise, in walked two of my brothers and one of my sisters.  What if this is the year that Jesus returns?  Will you be taken by surprise or will you be ready?  “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh” Jesus said (Matthew 25:13).  We know that Jesus is coming again, but the timing we don’t.  Be ready!  Don't be caught by surprise!!

Sing:  O’ my brother, are you ready for the call?  To crown your Savior King and Lord of all?  The kingdoms of this world, shall soon before Him fall, we shall see the King when He comes.

Thought For Today: Don’t be taken by surprise.

1 comment:

  1. "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only...Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." -Matt 24:36-42

    I will have oil in my lamp, when He comes. Selah.

    ReplyDelete