Saturday, February 4, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 February 4

f I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: (Psalms 66:18)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things we find as Christians, is that sin will hang around for us to open the door and allow it back in even after we have been cleansed from it in the waters of baptism.  As the Lord told Cain, “If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him” (Genesis 4:7).  We must examine ourselves continually to ensure that we have not allowed sin to reenter unaware.  The psalmist said that if we regard iniquity in our hearts, the Lord will not hear us.  In other words, if I think highly of or esteem sin, or allow it to be in my life, the Lord will not hear me.  Isaiah said, “Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear” (Isaiah 59:1-2). If you are feeling as though God is far away, you may want to examine yourself for hidden sin.  Because sin will block God’s ears from hearing you until you repent.

Sing:  What can wash away my sin?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.  What can make me whole again?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.  O’ precious, is the flow, that makes me white as snow; no other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Thought For Today:  Sin will block God’s ears from hearing you until you repent (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment