Thursday, February 16, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 February 16

“Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come” (Psalms 71:18).

Today’s Morsel: One of the things I liked when I was young was hanging around the barbershop listening to the older men tell stories about their war experiences and life in general.  Many of them had fought in Africa and Germany under General Patton.  Some had fought in the Pacific and Asia, while others had stormed the beaches in France.  Relating the stories of life can be refreshing to the younger generations.  But sad to say, many of the millennial generation do not seem to want to know about history and what God has done.  They want to focus on themselves and what they think they can do by and for themselves.  But the psalmist prayed that God would not forsake him until he had shewn unto his generation the strength and power of God to everyone. What about you? Are you willing to do what it takes to ensure that the next generation hears the gospel?  Paul said, that his gospel did not come in word only, but in power and the Holy Ghost and much assurance (1 Thessalonians 1:5).  If the millennials are going to survive, then we (the older generation) must share with them God’s strength and power, or they will surely fail.

Sing:  He gives strength to me, as I worship Him, as my heart is filled with praise.  Jesus breaks the bands as I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.

Thought For Today:  Seize ever opportunity to share the gospel.

1 comment: