Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 September 6

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. (John 12:46)

Today’s Morsel: I like it when I go outside early in the morning to walk before day.  As I look up into the sky and see that big beautiful full moon and the stars shining bright, I think to myself, WOW God, You are awesome to have created such awesomeness.  And yet He, the light of the world, robed Himself in flesh (John 1:14), came to the earth (John 1:10-11), walked among men, and still they did not know who He was (John 14:9).  And He said it was all because men loved darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil (John 3:19).  If you ever feel that the darkness of this world is over taking you, then please just turn to Jesus.  He’s the only Light that can get you out of darkness.

Sing: Light of the world You stepped down into darkness, opened my eyes let me see.  Beauty that made this heart adore You, hope of a life spent with You.
 Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, Here I am to say that You're my God.  Altogether lovely, altogether worthy, Altogether wonderful to me.

Thought For Today: Jesus is the only Light that can get you out of darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment