Saturday, September 10, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 September 10

Wisdom is good with an inheritance: and by it there is profit to them that see the sun. (Ecclesiastes 7:11)

Today’s Morsel:  A few days ago, I was observing the flooding in Louisiana, and a man was weeping because he had lost a lot of things that he felt were valuable to him because they had been passed down to him from his parents.  I thought to myself, There is a man that understands the value of his inheritance.  Lately, I have taken up this thing of going to estate sales and yard sales.  Not that I am wanting to buy more stuff, but I like looking at things of the past.  A lot of younger folks today do not understand the value of some of the things that their parents have handed down to them.  Many of them just see it as things their parents used.  And so it isn’t worth anything to them.  Many of them do not understand their inheritance, because they are void of wisdom.  They have no idea where it came from.  I have seen Bibles, Christian books on morals and values, and many other items that are no longer produced or made, yet they hold no value to the younger person.  Many great things that if retained and read could provide great encouragement and strength to them.  But they are being sold for a dollar at a yard sale because wisdom is missing.  What about you?  Do you understand the value of your Bible?  Do you understand the value of the things your parents have handed down to you?  “My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God” (Proverbs 2:1-5).  An inheritance without wisdom is just a thing.  But with knowledge of what it is and where it came from, it may be worth millions.

Sing: The greatest thing in all my life, is knowing You; The greatest thing in all my life, is knowing You.  I want to know You more, I want to know You more.  The greatest thing, in all my life, is knowing You.

Thought For Today:  Wisdom is good with an inheritance (Solomon)

No comments:

Post a Comment