Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 September 27

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. (Hebrews 10:7)

Today’s Morsel:  For humor, I like to tell people that when Paul said in Romans 16:17, to greet Rufus chosen in the Lord, he was referring to me.  Do you ever look for yourself in the Bible?  There are many times I have had people say to me after I’ve preached, “That was for me.” “That passage of scripture reflects where I am right now in my life.” The writer of Hebrews said that I come in the volume of the book written of me.  Yes, I know that this passage is referring to Christ Jesus, but think about it for a moment.  Don’t you think that Jesus knew what you would face in life?  Don’t you think that He knew that you would encounter hardships and calamities during this life time?  If the Bible is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth, do you not think that He would put in His word for you the ways to learn how to troubleshoot your life for correction?  If you are going to learn how to do the will of God, then you need to learn how to be able to find yourself in The Book.  The Bible was written for you.

Sing:  He’s changing me, my Blessed Savior, I’m not the same person that I used to be.  Well it’s been slow going, but there’s a knowing, that someday perfect I will be.

Thought For Today: The Bible was written for you (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment